Thursday, October 14, 2004

power

Electricity did get shut off due to lack of bill-paying, and I stayed with Morgan and Kristin for a week, but it's back on now and I'm back in the house.

I don't know where Tonja is but she took her internet-connected computer with her, and also all my cds (by accident). She left me a message to tell me she had them, but she's been gone for a week now and I'm a little nervous. I may already know what I'll be asking for for Christmas.

I got a new apartment, and it will be mine in the first week of November. I am SO excited to live in this place. It backs up to the greenbelt so it feels like it's in the woods, but it's just a block off South Lamar, with Sonic on one corner and Kerbey Lane on the other, and Maria's across the street.

Alex is moving all his stuff into storage and going to visit friends in DC of all places, where he may see my doppleganger on the street, because so much of my heart and head is still there, and that's OK. Moves take time. I may miss him, kind of. Or I may not miss anything about that house.

Morgan and Kristin have a new puppy named Abbey, and she is the greatest. Marlo has met his match.

Becca if you are reading this I need your mailing address because I have your birthday present.

My jobs still feel like an adventure, and they are where I am putting most of my time and energy. So far it feels like time well-spent. It's kind of cool to have built into everything I do so much room for the unexpected.

1 Comments:

Blogger kara marie said...

hope you get your cds back. if not... let me know what you lost and anything i have a copy of i can make YOU a copy of. or something like that. (if i had money to spare i could actually maybe even purchase you some NEW ones!)

glad to hear that you have found an apartment and will be able to move in just a few weeks. are you planning on getting roomates or will it be just for you?

need to call you soon. could use some anna time. are you an hour ahead or me? or two now? i can't get used to this timezone change stuff. still feel like i'm on east coast time sometimes...

talk to you soon sweetie. much love.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home