Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Gah

I am a malleable kind of metal. If I work for eight days straight I get banged into a completely different shape of human. By Monday I did not know any longer what I was doing here or where my place on this earth was. What if the best part of my day is a fifteen minute break at sunset where I sit outside a grocery store and watch a few hundred birds fly in a circle over my head? Is that somehow lacking, or would that be the best part of anybody's day? Do I have the main components of a life here?

The things I have accomplished this week, though, are:
* Going for a midnight swim at barton creek
* Registering to take the GREs on Nov. 30 (gah)
* Getting a certificate for a free meal (yes) from the cafe by subbing as base operator at CM when Monica had to leave sick
* Not falling victim to the corporate mind control of CM's point-based performance rating scale which I have completely thrown out of whack by a) thinking that my Saturday shift started at 1:30 pm and being wrong and b) giving a guy the wrong change yesterday, which I do not know for sure I did but am almost positive of.
* Seeing Team America [and let's talk about the pussies dicks and assholes thing, ok? put it on the list]
* Watching the last innings of every glorious Red Sox game as soon as I got off work and getting customers to call friends on their cell phones to tell me the score during really key moments otherwise.

In two and a half short hours I will have my afternoon off. I am going to: edit the video that is due at 4; vote; take a nap; go watch The Office dvds and eat pumpkin pie with a girl I met at a party who I have been trying to make friends with, so this should be a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home