Thursday, January 06, 2011

This year

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Caravanned to Columbus, ate the worm in LA, gambled in Vegas, drove across the country, carved my initials in wet cement, bought and set up a Christmas tree all on my own, and taught 7th grade.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jess and Hung!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Maggie

5. What countries did you visit?
Juuuust this one.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?
A masters of ed.

7. What days from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
Helen's graduation, Chestine's birthday at the unexpected hibachi restaurant right after the zombie parade, my feverish, straight-haired self standing on stage on the day of my kid's graduation as they marched down the aisles of the auditorium to "The End of the Road," dancing with Malia to "Can't Stop the Beat" on the pier after Hairspray, every second of the cross-country drive, the first day of school and the Fabuloso moment, playing Settlers of Catan with my family in my new apartment with more pizza than we could eat.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving, in every sense of the word.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking care of my anxiety

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
No

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new bed.

12. Where did most of your money go?
RENT

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new school.

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hold Yuh.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Internet procrastination.

20. How did you spend your end of the year holidays?
We had Christmas dinner in NJ, then got snowed in at 66. We did not venture out until two days later, when we drove five minutes to New Roc to see True Grit and it was like the effing Wild West out there, blinding swirls of snow, banked all over the street, with garbage cans rolling across intersections like tumbleweeds. Laurel and I helped Mom with the living room, and Helen and I went to the Tsocanos' for an intergenerational Quaker new year.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
Hoarders and The Wire.

22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Janelle Monae

23. What were your favorite films of this year?
The Town, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, True Grit, the Social Network.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30! With cupcakes, dinner parties, and spontaneous night trips to Boston.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Justice for 308.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I really had no vision this year. I want to bring wide-leg trousers back into my life in a big way, though. Still, nothing makes me feel better than thick wool tights and a short skirt.

34. What kept you sane?
All of my families, and my beautiful home.


35. Who did you miss?
Anna

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
When our context changes, so do we. Love sticks around.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home