Tuesday, November 09, 2004

moved.

I did it.
* Miles between old house and new apartment: 1.5
* Trips between old house and new apartment: 5
* Garbage cans lost to rented Home Depot pick-up truck which was the aproximate size of my new apartment: 0, because although I ran squarely over the garbage can while backing into the driveway once I kicked it out from under the truck it sprang back into shape like the champion garbage can that it is.

I love my new place beyond all reason. I am still exhausted and anxiety-ridden after trauma that was last week i.e. nasty confrontations with now ex-roommate and much, much worse state of the world in general i.e. Fallujah offensive, Ivory Coast explosion, Palestinian government turmoil due to Arafat's failing health (possible opening for new peace process partners?) and the election of a president who is not equipped to deal with any of these things but is all set to privatize social security, continue rollback of all environmental protections, reverse Roe v. Wade, etc.

In the end my roommates were just not very nice people.

It feels like I just moved to Austin all over again, except this time, with jobs.

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

i'm trying to decide whether or not this will be a good month for world peace, on the whole - if arafat is replaced, does it cancel out bush's reelection?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

It's a comforting thought, isn't it? Bush isn't the whole world, his election isn't going to decide everything. I hope hope hope that if someone like Mahmoud Abbas ends up in power things could turn around. I'm a little too weary to rise to optimistic, though.

8:35 AM  
Blogger kara marie said...

yay for anna! and champion garbage cans!

glad the move went well. am definitely looking forward to seeing the new place. and of course, my beautiful anna.

much love, me

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home