Sunday, January 01, 2012

Year again. They go so fast on this blog.

Sunday January 1, 2012

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Spontaneous trip to Disney World, slide down natural water slide and climb into old mine shaft, walk across Brooklyn Bridge, and sneak into a music festival in the trunk of a car.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Megan!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?
Freedom from graduate school!

6. What days from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
Passover on Prospect Place; Felisa's 30th--dinner with Reina & Johnny, going to every single attraction in Animal Kingdom, EVEREST and also the white water ride; co-hosting our families for Father's Day at Kitchenette; Grandma Millie's 90th birthday; drawing one tree for an hour in Riverside Park for Science class; the Fort Greene concert with Janice especially watching the sunset; seeing The Future with Laurel and Tom and totally losing our shit; the water in Opal Creek; my kids' first day of 6th grade with their parents sitting in the back of the classroom agreeing with everything I said; my 31st birthday party where I accidentally made out with a flower vendor and he tried to give me all his wares and I graciously accepted only one rose; the haunted West Village scavenger hunt and just as much waiting for it to start, seeing the giant hawk and the sand painter and the Occupiers all mixed up in Washington Square Park; my father's retirement party; going by myself back to Cherry Lane Theater and seeing movie stars there (well just Andrew Garfield but I found out later Emma Stone was there too I didn't notice her); taking my kids on their Dylan's trip and most especially the art gallery aka frame store; hosting New Year's at 587.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being a good teacher a lot of days

8. What was your biggest failure?
Neglect of 7th grade math, not taking care of my body

9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
No

10. What was the best thing you bought?
A hat box. My olive green and mustard yellow cardigans. My sister locket.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Frivolities

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney World, living with my roommates.

13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Someone Like You

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Following through

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Not applicable

16. How did you spend your end of the year holidays?
Christmas dinner at 66 was the best ever with ham and mashed potatoes and red eye gravy roasted chilli lime acorn squash and grapefruit avocado salad, just Mom and Dad and Hel and I. New Year's Eve, I hosted a small Quaker faction, and we played games and ate lots of good pizza and drank whiskey and bourbon and watched Dick Clark, who is still at it after all these years.

17. What was your favorite TV program?
American Horror Story


18. What were your favorite films of this year?
Harry Potter VII, Bridesmaids

19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I ate oysters with my co-workers, spent a gorgeous weekend in Ithaca with Helen, and then celebrated a month later at a bar in the meatpacking district

20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being already done with my last Bank Street paper.

21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
All about the earrings and cardigans.

22. What kept you sane?
My bosses, and the people I live with

23. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
10,000 hours

24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Control yourself: take only what you need from it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home