Thursday, November 25, 2004

tan lejos de dios

tan cerca de los estados unidos

I am not actually in Mexico, but I am close. It was an amazing drive, a straight highway with sky all the way around me and plains full of sage in both directions. I have never gotten to drive that fast before. I got to La Joya just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.

Laurel on Boston: I don't hate it. I just don't like it. There are all these college kids. It's too white. And the roads suck.

Laurel on Connor Oberst: He's just a self-centered Mid-Westerner with no sense of humor.

Laurel and Tom are making fun of me furiously from the futon. That's OK, I'm going to find the link to Tom's blog and post it. Then we'll see what he has to say for himself, with his secret blog. I love these kids. But I'm going to need to find myself a new family in 1 (one) month as I am too poor to go home for Christmas and my parents are too poor to come here, and Laurel is abandoning Texas for the week. We are going to watch a movie now, either Tommy Boy, Punch Drunk Love, or...Lilo and Stitch. Tom has lots of great horror movies but Laurel doesn't want to watch any of them. No Evil Dead II for Anna...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home