Thursday, March 16, 2006

spring break!!

chihuahua

Vacations are amazing. I wish this one would never end.

Texas Film Hall of Fame news:
* Ann Richards, we are rooting for you so hard.
*Matthew McConnaughey, you gave the longest speech in the history of the world. Did you really need to start with your conception? (P.S. "One fertile night in Plano..." is not a story. "Christmas Eve, 1979. My parents are hosting a party." That's how a story starts.) I still love you, though. Your pops sounds cool.
*Lyle Lovett, when I was a little girl and I read about your marriage to Julia Roberts in People magazine I wondered to myself, now how did that man get her? Now that I am a grown woman I wonder, how did that woman get him.

I spent the past six days in La Jolla and it was awesome. We were all, what do you want to do today? Go to Walmart. Wash the car. Go to Barnes & Noble and get lattes at the Starbucks cafe (twice--and it's a half an hour drive--I am ashamed). Go to HEB. Get the oil changed. Grill some steak. Read our books for six hours straight.

We went to the Holy Spirit Catholic Parish's Peace and Justice Affirmation Night in McAllen to hear Sister Theresa Kane (from the Bronx! Yes!) speak about peace work and gender equality in the Catholic church. Later we got into a conversation with a woman from the parish and heard about the struggles they are going through. They have a blog, because they are down like that. I think you all are brave, and we are holding you in the light.

ABC is making a US version of Betty la fea? I'm not sure what to think, except that I love America Ferrera. But I'm not sure Ugly Betty really has as much of a ring to it.

What would the world be like if Paris Hilton were still a brown-eyed brunette? We may never know. Actually maybe you are really high-minded and never wonder about things like that, but I am not high-minded. Oh, and you're right Laur, she does have a chihuahua. I still love Ginger, aka Luv Bug, aka the flea machine who kept you up all night barking for eight months and peed on your car. I love you Ginger!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "dog" (I don't know if it even qualifies, really) gave my poor kitty fleas. And that is unforgiveable. She was not happy with the flea medicine that we bought. Poor bonnita.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Ahh! No!! Poor Bonnet!! Oh I feel terrible. Is it my fault? Did I transfer the fleas to Bonnet? Ginger, you are my friend. Why do you have to be so dirty?

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home