Wednesday, May 10, 2006

the creek water is rising, at last

creek bed
I went to 7-11 last night to stock up on my last round of finals supplies, i.e. a pint of Ben&Jerry's and diet coke. I realize that's a little busted, I mean yes I can figure the irony out for myself, right?

So there's this young cop, chilling in the 7-11, like he doesn't have any denizens of Austin to protect. And he's all, hah hah, ice cream and diet coke. And I want to be like, bitch, you're not that cute. He's like my age. Is that all they let you do, rookie? Stand by the 7-11 counter and make comments on people's purchases? And then he says, all casual, you know, one of your headlights is out. And I genuinely didn't know that, and express surprise. He says yeah, better get it fixed so I don't have to pull you over. OOOOhh. You have so much power. The power to turn on your little flashy lights so you can get my attention to tell me one of my bulbs is burned out. I complete my transaction and polite conversation with the checkout guy and on my way out thank the cop. He says, get your headlight fixed. I say, yes sir, and he chuckles. And so I am stating here for the record: dude, I was not flirting with you. I was mocking you.

cherry garcia
He was just jealous of my cherry garcia

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like one of my obnoxious students. Except they are 12.
-Laurel

9:58 AM  
Blogger liz said...

liz is jealous of your cherry garcia.

you crazy cats going to the poho reunion? wanta carpool? love, liz

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey movie student and teacher- are you ready to take on 130 7th graders?
Laurel

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was very bitter. and you said bitch. annnnnnnd it was the kind of thing i would write.
and i dont get the icecream and diet coke joke.
and i love you but you never call me.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you never comment on my lj anymore, even though i make a point to comment on almost all of yours.
miss you.

hel.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home