Monday, March 27, 2006

longing

I have a sudden, piercing desire to know how to skateboard.

skateboard

Estimated year in which I will grow up: 2016

PS (Since I know not all of you get to Overheard every day):

In a New York State of Mind

Woman #1: Don't you hate taking the train so early in the morning? I take it every day.
Woman #2: Could you not talk to me?

--A train

God: There's a good way?

Teen boy #1: Hey mister, does this train go to Manhattan?
Man: I think it's supposed to, but the N's messed up right now.
Teen boy #2: Yeah, the N train's totally gay.
Man: Yeah, and not in the good way.

--Queensboro Plaza station

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend laura had a similiar sudden desire to learn to skateboard. and she stuck to it, god bless her, until that fateful day that lost her the skin on her chin and elbows, as well as the intactness of her wrist. the skateboard still resides in her house, untouched for the past few months, yet the blood spatters are still visible. no joke.

hel.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

hmmm.

4:43 PM  
Blogger kara marie said...

i used to be able to skateboard a smidge.

okay. so i can only really go in a straightish type line and pull an ollie. i've never gotten more advanced than that. not even a kick flip.

then i grew boobs. they threw off my balance. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home