Monday, March 20, 2006

celebrity look-a-likes

If you go to this website you can upload a photo of yourself, and it will use a digital feature matching thing to tell you what celebrity you most resemble. You are going to be really really entertained by my results. Are you ready?

1. Kate Beckinsale
2. Michelle Rodriguez
3. Imre Kertesz (77 year old Jewish novelist from Budapest, male)
4. Michael Jordan (yes, that's right)
5. J. Lo
6. Molly Ringwald
7. Shahrukh Khan (41 year old Indian movie star, male)
8. Sinead O'Connor
9. Monica Bellucci
10.Grace Kelly

Now. Ok, now of course I don't resemble any of these people any more than they look like each other [except they did get the Molly Ringwald thing, which I am going to concede to them may not be completely off base].

But I think it's really interesting that they don't base this on hair, or gender, or skin tone. If this is actually based on matching features it's kind of intriguing that all of these people might get grouped together by a computer. Because it's a group that definitely belies racial categorization. And, I have big lips, and big cheeks, and going face by face in this group I can see the matchiness. I may be pale as anything and one of the only WASPs from New Rochelle but one look at my hair and you know I'm not the whitest page in the book.

I think if we could all find out our racial heritage by magic anyone who thought they were part of one "race" would be in for a surprise.

4 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Wow. Kate Beckinsale and Michelle Rodriguez are 2 of my favorite moviestar-girlfriends. I just uploaded a picture of myself and I got: Emily Browning, Naoko Takeuchi, Emma Thompson, Eva Longoria, Woranuch Wongsawang, Nicole Kidman, Elisha Cuthbert, Kurt Waldheim, Margaret Cho, and the lovely Anna Nicole Smith.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried a bunch of pictures of myself with different facial expressions, and i discovered that this thing works mainly off of facial expressions. they have multiple pictures of each celebrity with different expressions, and if you match with one of those, they tell you you look like them. when really, its just that you have a similiar facial expression in that picture.
in the four pictures i did, these were the top eight matches:
1. Tori Amos
2. Raoul Wallenberg
1. Reese Witherspoon
2. Agam Rudberg
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Jennifer Connelly
1. Liv Tyler
2. Ethan Hawke

the only repeat was jake gyllenhaal.
the most flattering included shakira, keira knightly, scarlett johanson, and christina aguilara.
the most unflattering included Yoon-jin Kim, Oliver Hardy, and Richard Gere
While the only celebrities i have ever been compared with (julia stiles and that girl from the exorcist) never appeared once.
what does that tell you?
eh?

hel.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Erin! That Anna Nicole. Now she is something. I can't believe that chica really marched into the Supreme Court to fight for rights.

Helcat, I submit to your superior diligence in photo-matching research. And by that I mean, what? You don't see your indisputable, scientific Jakey resemblance?

10:42 PM  
Blogger liz said...

love. molly. ringwald.

i get lots of bollywood girls. :)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home